Have you considered how helpful military self storage might be? In the United States, there are over 1,400,000 active military personnel deployed around the world, as well as numerous reserve personnel. Due to base assignments and tours of duty, it’s common for military personnel to relocate frequently, making it difficult to hold onto personal belongings. Many seek out self-storage units as a result. Here’s why.
How Does Self Storage Help Military Personnel?
Owning big pieces of furniture or large quantities of items is difficult for military personnel. With so many moves, what does a person do with all their belongings? While some people sell their furniture in between moves, others want to keep it. Renting a self-storage unit provides easy military self storage, allowing people to keep their belongings, even when they are stationed halfway across the world. Below are three reasons how self storage can be helpful to military personnel.
- It helps make transitions smoother. When transitioning from one base to another, self-storage units are your best friend. Even if your housing situation changes for a short time, you’ll still have enough space for all of your belongings.
- It helps save money. If you’re on a temporary assignment where housing is more expensive, use military self storage to increase your living space while staying within your budget. With many of your belongings in storage, you can rent or buy a smaller home, which frees up your budget.
- Self storage makes storing your car easy. During overseas deployment, most of your belongings must be left behind. Because a car is usually the most challenging item to store, many service personnel turn to self storage while stationed overseas. Here are some tips on preparing your car for long-term storage. Ready to store your car? Our traditional storage units are great for vehicles. Contact one of our managers with any questions you may have about storing your car.
Are There Military Discounts?
At TMS Self Storage, we offer monthly savings for our active military personnel. It’s our way of saying, “thank you” to our armed forces by offering 10% off of the monthly rental rate. Contact us today to talk about this program.
What Else Should I Consider?
When looking into military self storage, there are a couple additional factors that will upgrade your storage experience.
- We recommend using one of our climate-controlled storage units. Changing temperatures and humidity can quickly destroy your possessions if you’re keeping them with us for an extended amount of time. Our climate-controlled units eliminate temperature fluctuations and keep the temperature from falling below 50°F or rising above 80°F. Traditional self storage is sufficient for a variety of household, business, and yard items. However, climate-controlled storage is necessary and highly recommended for wood or leather furniture and more sensitive items like antiques, musical instruments, electronics, or fine art. Some items, such as books, photographs, electronics, CDs, and musical equipment, thrive in climate-controlled settings and could sustain damage if kept in traditional storage units. How do you decide what type of storage unit is best for you? Check out our helpful blog post on the benefits of climate-controlled storage.
- Select a storage unit with multiple safety features, especially when storing items for long periods of time. Here at TMS Self Storage, all our units have electronically controlled gate access, an enclosed perimeter, high-tech security, security lighting, and high-security padlocks. As the first layer of safety, we have surveillance systems. If an intruder were to enter, we will have video footage to help with identification. We have on-site professional management, which means our managers live on-site. With a manager on-site around-the-clock, intruders will be deterred, decreasing the likelihood of a break-in. It also means our manager can quickly call the police in an emergency situation.
Are You Ready? There’s no better time than now to say “yes!” to military self storage. We offer both long- and short-term storage options to make your transition as smooth as possible. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible service and the best product at a competitive price. Call us at 916-772-1500 to learn about our competitive pricing. We even offer a first-year price guarantee!